The Programmer Analyst’s role is to create and implement data management and collection techniques via applications programming in accordance with business and technical specifications. The Programmer Analyst will also be responsible for maintaining technical documentation, supporting existing applications, identifying program needs based on data collected and analyzed, aiding in the creation of technical specifications, aiding in creating comprehensive test cases, and applying upgrades.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program applications in accordance with business and technical specifications.
- Maintains established applications using defined procedures.
- Applies and troubleshoots vendor supplied upgrades; follows established methods for integrating or interfacing multiple applications.
- Assists in developing application modifications to enhance functionality; creates and updates documentation for applications and may provide training to users on new or changed processes.
- Performs systems analysis and develops beginning to intermediate programming code.
- Provides on-call support and problem resolution for applications or systems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology, programming skills, and applications. Participates in professional development activities as appropriate.
- Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines and best practices.
- Responsible for coordination and oversight of small to medium scale technology projects, to include oversight of allocated resources.
- Consults with Programmer Analyst Lead as needed in all project phases.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Adheres to Federal and State laws and regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Solid background in Java, SQL, Visual Basic, C Sharp or equivalent for client/server applications
- Solid background in developing web applications using Java, .NET, Python, or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Access, and Crystal Reports
- Skilled in planning, designing, installation, testing, and modification of basic systems or supporting subsystems.
- Ability to implement, troubleshoot, debug programming changes and modifications of basic complexity and/or assists with development of more advanced programming complexity.
- Some background and knowledge of Onbase a plus but not required
- Property and Casualty insurance background a plus but not required.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Solid documentation writing skills